Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for coordinating the entire station and communicating with front- and back-of-the-house personnel to provide a dining experience that meets or exceeds guest expectations. Process guest orders to ensure that all items are prepared properly and in a timely manner. May perform table-side service and present, open and pour wine when serving guests. Observe diner to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service, respond to additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed. Accountable for presenting bill and receiving payment for services.
· Serve customers as part of a team by anticipating their needs, initiating conversation, offering assistance and advice, guiding the dining experience.
· Perform dining room set-up, running side work and closing duties.
· Have extensive knowledge of the restaurant’s menu and wine list, including daily specials.
· Check identification to ensure customers meet minimum age requirements for consuming alcoholic beverages.
· Participate in table and dining room clean up.
· Compute customer checks, operate the POS system and accept payments.
· Accurately report tips for each shift.
· Maintain dining room safety and sanitation standards.
· Be aware of potential hazards, which could cause, but are not limited to, slipping, tripping, falling or burns.
· Arrive for each shift on time and in full uniform.
· Attend all pre-shift meetings ready to “listen and learn” and share ideas.
· Avoid leaving the work area during peak periods.
· Take breaks only when approved by the General Manager or Manager.
· Keep a clean and professional appearance at all times.
· Must pass general information and departmental tests.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred and six months to one year experience serving in a restaurant preferred; or a combination of education and experience.
- Basset Certified
- ServSafe Certified
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with customers and other staff in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be able to maintain poise and positive personality when under pressure.